Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday Party Time

'Tis the season to be daring and fashionable in your holiday party ensembles! This is the year to retire ancient ideas of suitable evening wear and to push the envelope in what's deemed acceptable. As opposed to your stereotypical cocktail dress and sensible shoes, shoot for a something unexpected; a slick silk suit, a satin short with opaque tights or a sequin tunic. I was perusing this month's Harper's Bazaar and I was inspired by an article on this very subject, new-age evening looks. So, I thought that I would try something a little different for a holiday party I was attending the approaching weekend. At first, I thought....I'll do a nice palazzo pant with a sleek blazer and tank...but really where was I going to find a palazzo pant to fit my ample posterior in only 4 days. Then I remembered an electric blue Maggy London dress that I wore for the Children's Defense Fund Gala and I thought...how can I take this from demure to daring? Hmmm..colored tights maybe. Of course this idea didn't dawn on me until an hour before I was supposed to be ready. I dashed to the nearest store...Sears...and prayed they would have something I could work with. Enter divine intervention stage left..I find purple tights with a contrasting opaque and sheer diamond pattern..SCOORRE! And I have purple suede shoe-booties to finish it off. I LOVED my outfit!






1 comment:

Selene said...

I love the jewel tones. Beautiful!